Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 28, 2010

Has got me thinking... ft. Ludacris

Yoooooooooooooooooooooooo.

While listening to the radio, Tik Tok was playing - this made me think of Ke$ha - which made me think of My First Kiss - which made me think of 3OH!3 - which made me think of featured artists in pretty popular songs - which made me write this.

I've noticed that, during May/June this year, a lot of songs topping the Australian charts included the song name - artist's name BUT THEN ft. someone else. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing - some songs with more than one singer do deserve their spots on the chart. There are exceptions e.g. Brian McFadden (ALTHOUGH he uses autotune in pretty much every song)

Where's the evidence? Here:
Airplanes - B.o.B. ft. Hayley Williams
Billionaire - Travie McCoy ft. Bruno Mars
Pyramid - Charice ft. Iyaz
OMG - Usher ft. Will.i.am
Shut It Down - Pitbull ft. Akon
Telephone - Lady Gaga ft. Beyonce
Baby - Justin Bieber ft. Ludacris
My First Kiss - 3OH!3 ft. Ke$ha
Nothing On You - B.o.B. ft. Bruno Mars
Break Your Heart - Taio Cruz ft. Ludacris
Put It In A Love Song - Alicia Keys ft. Beyonce
Empire State Of Mind - Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys
Eenie Meenie - Sean Kingston ft. Justin Bieber
I Made It - Kevin Rudolf ft. Birdman, Jay Sean, Lil' Wayne
Getting Over You - David Guetta ft. Chris Willis, Fergie, LMFAO
I'm pretty sure you've heard AT LEAST one these songs... You know anymore, leave a comment.

Those last two examples were trying to set a new record for ft. artists lol jks. But seriously, the main artist either wants a feminine voice, to hire someone who is more famous so that they will become famous, or to give the unimportant/repetitive parts to someone else.

Until the next song with "ft." in it's title,

I am Optimus Prime (aka mattlam), and i send this message to any surviving Autobots taking refuge among the stars. We are here. We are waiting. Autobots, roll out!

1 comments:

mattlam said...

Note: this blog did not actually feature anybody, amazingly

Post a Comment

Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template by:
Free Blog Templates