Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 26, 2010

"...going though various levels of MasterChef withdrawal..."

Hey youuuu.

Being a MasterChef fan and a daily-ish reader of mX, I thought this mini-essay by Henry Budd on missing MasterChef was pretty interesting (and so did Dawid and Hadrian). Now, I will read (type) you some extracts from his 'For what it's worth':

"There are going to be several million people around Australia going through various levels of MasterChef withdrawal this week."

So like any addict who finally realizes they need to face their demons, it was with mixed emotions that I had my final MasterChef hit on Sunday night.
One part of me knew it was for the best, but the other was screaming for more.

That is programming equivalent of burnt porridge... and it's even harder to swallow when you've been feasting on the likes of Peter Gilmore's snow egg and Gary Mehigan's black forest cake for the past 14 weeks.

Maybe even Mythbusters on SBS will get a look in.
Tuesday night is a little better with new Top Gear on Nine and Modern Family on 10.
But on Wednesday night the MasterChef withdrawals will surely have me in cold sweat, rocking gently and clutching my knees as I flick between World's Strictest Parents, another Two and a Half Men repeat and episiode 452 of The Simpsons.

How long is it until Junior MasterChef kicks off?

I forgive you, Matt Preston, for showing us your disturbing sex-eyes every time you put a spoon in your mouth. I don't care, George, that some say you look like a pig trough when you eat. Don't leave me Gary.

Henry Budd sums it all up, really...
mX News p.8 Monday July 26, 2010


I am Optimus Prime (aka mattlam), and i send this message to any surviving Autobots taking refuge among the stars. We are here. We are waiting. Autobots, roll out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template by:
Free Blog Templates